Tuesday 6 September 2022

Senior Sneak: Expectations Exceeded

 By Evan Kuan

While many of the seniors this year had doubts about the quality of their Sneak, all of them left with expectations exceeded. Because Senior Sneak is one of the most anticipated Dalat high school experiences, it is natural to feel nervous and scared on whether it will live up to expectations. Prior to the trip, a couple worries had spread through the grape vine, some of the main ones being the lack of AC, the rumors of sand parasites, and the long commute that we would be taking to get there and back. 

However, I think I can speak for my class in saying that all these worries were swept under the rug once we arrived at Telunas. While the commute was definitely long, and there indeed was no aircon in the rooms, these factors become nearly insignificant as Sneak progressed.

Telunas Resort featured great hospitality, good food, and fun activities. I am pleased to say that many members of my class were pleasantly surprised by their Sneak experience. 

Benjamin Wong (12) says, “I was worried about the long travel time and that the trip wouldn’t be good. However, in the end everything was much better than I expected.” 

Nicole Khor (12) also says, “I thought I couldn’t go a week without wifi and my phone, but I ended up not using my phone at all, and I didn’t have to charge it for the whole week.”

On top of the activities that were available to the class, many students also discovered themselves glowing closer with already established friends, as well as forming new relationships with people they had not known well prior to this trip. Joshua Emmanuel (12) says, “In general I think I bonded with the class more through all of the different activities since it got me talking and interacting with people who I usually don’t talk to as much.”

While our class did not have a negative mindset going into Sneak, it would be unfair to claim that students went into the trip with zero doubts. It is only the natural to expect the very best for a trip as important as Senior Sneak. Many students were not sure what to expect but thankfully many had their expectations exceeded.

A take away that can came from this experience would be to live with an optimistic mindset even if you are unsure of how things will turn out. Going into an experience already expecting it to be bad is a recipe for failure. It is important to stay positive, even if you may have doubts.

No comments:

Post a Comment