Picture Day happens at the start of every year. These school pictures are used as students’ official pictures and for the yearbook. For us seniors, it is our last one.
It began with our class photo on the Harbor steps. The time allocated for the pictures was right after lunch. People who went out for lunch and ran back just to make it on time were very sweaty, and it certainly did not help that it was extremely hot and humid on that day. We were told to line up from tallest to shortest and take our positions on the Harbor steps. As one of the first in line, we could enjoy the cool and refreshing sea breeze as soon as we were on the landing. However, that enjoyment did not last long as others began to fill the stairs, and the breeze was blocked by a bunch of high school students emitting body heat. I thought that once everyone was in position, they would take the photo, and we could all go, but I was wrong.
Aiden Ko (12) told me that “the photos took longer than I expected and the heat was unbearable.” It wasn’t until ten minutes later, after shuffling people around, that the photographers actually took the photos.
After we were done, everyone made their way into Heritage Hall to take their individual photos. As soon as those doors swung open, a cold gust of air hit my face. It was one of the best feelings ever, walking into an air-conditioned room after standing outside in the blistering heat. Inside Heritage Hall, I waited in line to take my pictures. I want to say something interesting happened inside, but there wasn’t anything much except talking to my friends about poses we would do for the photos.
Personally, I'm not a fan of taking pictures, especially when I am in them, but that day felt important. Maybe it's because it was my senior photo and the last one I’ll take.
Comments
Post a Comment