Monday 27 February 2023

It’s Pool Time!

By Ester Kato

Last week, on the 23rd and the 24th of February, seniors got to skip school to attend the Transition Retreat at Flamingo Hotel. During the retreat, seniors engaged in activities, sketched on a random paper, munched down tons of mentos, did henna, and put tinsel on each other’s hair while listening to Mr. Dobson’s lectures. 

On the first day of the retreat, students got about four hours of free time after lunch. Many students went down to either the pool or the beach. 

“I enjoyed the pool train rides, coconut hunting, playing catch [with a rugby ball], and just simply having fun with my classmates,” Sharon Kang (12) said as she looked back on her pool time experience. 

Eleanor Emis (12) explains the pool train rides as how “we were able to all connect together in one giant line that floated down the whole pool,” which Anna Phuah (12) in the front led the girls around the pool. “We squealed and giggled for what felt like an hour,” Eleanor adds. 

Around the end of our free time, Jeta Anderson (12) and Millie Morgan (12) returned from the beach with some cracked coconut. All of us at the pool shared the raw coconut, gnawing on the hard fruit. 

As for me, I got henna on my hand for the first time in my life. Jeta drew a nice flower design on my hand, which dried up nicely. However, it was really hard to wait for a while until the henna dried up since I am very impatient. Overall, it was a wonderful experience, and we got to bond a lot. 

“It was nice swimming and having a full grade once again after Sneak. I hope we have more chances like this before we graduate,” Erica Shin (12).


No comments:

Post a Comment