Tuesday 8 May 2018

New School Building Is On Its Way

Asher Kim 

The end of the school year is quickly approaching, and there are quite a few changes coming along. One of them, as many of you will have noticed, is the new school building.

The gigantic building is on its way to finally reveal itself. The building consists of several spacious classrooms that come together as one to form a big ship. The new building does not only consist of classrooms but also a majestic auditorium. This new huge auditorium is a clear indication of how far Dalat has come. Some senior students were able to experience some parts of the building as they helped move the brand new lockers with Mr. Kilgo on Tuesday. I could tell from their faces that they were somewhat envious because they would not be here anymore to enjoy the new facility. I asked Daniel Go (12) about the new building, and he told me, “I wish I was a junior now, so that I could study in a better environment.”

The new building faces the crystal blue ocean and the clear sky, and it made me feel as if I were the captain of the “Dalat Ship.” From the Castle building to our new high school campus, I realized how important it is to come together as one community to achieve our goals. Dalat has never failed to do so for the past decades. Dalat has not only successfully created a bigger space for bigger achievements, but it has also created an open environment that allows students to excel in their academics.

I believe that this new building will provide a room for even more creativity, passion, and hard work, for both current and future students. Despite being a student of Dalat for only a few years, I have fully and truly experienced what true education means. A true school is not merely about top-notched buildings—but more about the people that are involved in fostering this communal experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment