Tuesday 8 May 2018

For and by Students

Rahul Gill

The StuCo store is a center for student activities on the Dalat campus. Many students come here during lunch to snack and hang out together. I believe that students enjoy the space and service, but I went to the student center to ask students themselves.

I asked Aaron Worten (10) about what he thinks concerning the store. “I think it’s good,” he tells me. “I like the variety of food.” Whilst he enjoys the atmosphere and food options, he says that other people may feel differently. “Yeah, some people think that they could add more stuff, but I like the variety.”

Another person, Jian Yi Lai (10), gave me a slightly different opinion. “No,” he tells me first off when I ask him if he likes the store. I ask him if he’s serious and he replies, “No, it’s good,” he says more decidedly this time. I ask him about his favorite foods and he tells me that he particularly likes the Shin cup noodles. However, he thinks that StuCo could up their game a little, saying, “They should have more foods. And they run out of food all the time. Like cup noodles. Like Shin cup.” Jian Yi is particularly let down because the Shin cups are his main buy, and he feels that they should generally have more kinds of food to choose from.

Inkyul Kim (10) walks by and sees Jian Yi playing Tetris. I ask him about his opinion, and he says,“It’s alright. Some things are overpriced, but hey, you gotta make a profit.” When I asked if he thinks StuCo has enough kinds of food, he said that he wanted “a little more variety and actual lunch.”

After these interviews, the general sentiment is that people do like the store and are content with the role it provides. However, we all came to an agreement that there is a lack of variety that could be addressed. With StuCo just recently coming out of a long-standing debt, it may be wise for them to consider investing in finding new foods and options to better cater to the student body. 

No comments:

Post a Comment