Monday 7 March 2022

The Cavity of my Tooth and Life

 By Grace Bae


As an ordinary day after school, I leaned on the counter and ate the after-school snacks. As I started chewing on the cracker with the cheese on top, I heard a loud noise that sounded like rocks cracking. I stopped chewing and froze at that moment, and I knew this feeling because this had happened to me before. 


When I was young, I wouldn't say I liked the taste of toothpaste. So I avoided brushing my teeth with the paste, which resulted in four cavities. Since my tooth was severely damaged, my dentist insisted that I should never eat hard food. But I never listened. Crackers, meats, and ice-creams are the love of my life that I can not give up. There was a consequence for following my heart though I had to visit the dentist every few years, and today was the day. 


Since leaving the tooth with the cavity for long can end up with it breaking, I went to the dentist with Pastor Bob and Aunt Nancy to get my cavity filled. The process did not take long, and it wasn't too painful. On the way back to school, PB asked how it felt to have the hole on my tooth filled. The conversation quickly turned into how this would make a great Senior Scribble.


PB preached how we all have a cavity in our lives, and it can only be filled with Jesus. All of the things Jesus does, Jesus fills our lives with peace, joy, purpose, love, self-worth, etc... PB says, "Only Jesus can fill the cavity in our hearts." It was astonishing how there are always connections with God in our daily lives and how much evidence God loves us. 


Sadly, we could not get Starbucks as usual PB trip because the dentist said no eating or drinking for a few hours. But Aunt Nancy said, "PB owes Gbae a Starbucks." And she permitted me to record it in my Scribble. I will gladly and happily wait for that time to come, PB!


No comments:

Post a Comment