Tuesday 15 March 2022

Quarantine Season Reflections

By Alexa Chandra

Every day we do our own things repetitively for the whole year. But this pandemic that started in the beginning of 2020 came by and ruined almost everything all of us had planned. We could not enjoy our life and experience as a teenager properly as we were wasting our time alone or together in our own house, quarantining. 

All of us, the seniors of 2022, spent our first week and most of the first semester digitally, and time passed by really fast. Gabriel Kontsas (12) said, “Quarantine sets us back physically and mentally. For example, I have a test on Wednesday in my Math class. It feels like I have been in class for five days during the whole chapter.” 

It feels like everything is dragged out for all of us. Some of us couldn’t catch up with the work given to us online. Some of us couldn’t pay attention to classes and get distracted with other apps on the computer while online. My GPA did not show good performances at all.

It has been a hard time for all of us; though I love being alone in my room and having my own time, not being distracted by other people, somehow I still miss my best friends. I thought about the limited time I have left with them as a high school student and I don’t know if I will get to meet them after graduation because we come from very different places and we are going to separate countries for universities. 

Emilia Park (12) said, “It was very depressing. I never got to hang out with my best friend, Alexa and annoy her.”

It wasn’t a good experience for me as I want to spend my last year with my best friends in Dalat and Malaysia before I leave for college. Luckily, these last few months of being at this campus are offline, and we get to see each other almost every day. I would love to spend my last laughs with my best friends and partner until graduation and leave a very good memory with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment