Thursday 6 May 2021

Finishing Strong

 By Kevile Dolie

It's always nice to greet a friend, chat about a topic, talk about their day and crack jokes. Such days have become genuinely significant, especially in these difficult times. Yet, eventually, no matter what happens, those days will come to an end, and people will go their separate ways. For the seniors, that time is coming soon. The last month of the school year inspires students to make the most of the time they have left to finish the year without regrets.

After a year of isolation due to Covid, the urge to cherish small moments of friendship has never been stronger. Most students are thinking about making the most of the time they have left. Some may wonder how much more time they could have spent with their friends throughout the years. Now is an excellent time to ask self-reflective questions and turn any regrets into inspiration. How do I want to spend my time during my last few weeks of school? How can I show my friends how much I appreciate them before I leave? What do I want to do before leaving Dalat?

Every student is different thinking about how to spend their time left in Dalat. "I'd probably want to have an open campus game night again," said Jack Cura (10). Or perhaps there is somewhere you'd like to visit. "I'd like to go and visit Temple Fine Arts once more before I'd leave," said Anya Kaloo (12). It may feel difficult to try to make as many memories as possible within the amount of time left, but it is much better than feeling regret or not trying anything at all.

It's difficult to say goodbye to a place you've grown to love. No one stays somewhere forever; you will visit many places, meet new people and say goodbye to people you'll never see again. No matter what happens to you throughout life, you can choose to cherish the people who came into your life. All we can do throughout life is to decide what to do with the time given to us. So be inspired to make the most of your time and finish strong without regrets.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment