Tuesday 6 April 2021

What Students Think About Being Back in School

By Lydia Neeley


Recently students have been able to attend school once again in person. Since the beginning of 2021, students have been stuck in the online school. Just trying to get through the day. Online school was either something students loved or hated; there wasn't much of an in-between. Now that students have been back in school for over three weeks, we can hear their opinions about being back.

I've had the opportunity to converse with many different people and hear about their opinions about being back. Many have said both good things and things they have missed about being online. Overall the students have said that they are enjoying being back, just in other words.

In the words of Hailey Hofer (10), "I miss sitting in my pjs in class but I like being back in person." I believe that most of us probably miss something like that about being online. Many people commented on the best part of being in person was their ability to see their friends and interact with people they hadn't been able to interact with over the Movement Control Order.

In Danny Pham's (9) opinion the "worst thing is that we can't stay after school and hang out with friends. Also the fact that there aren't Friday nights. The best thing is we don't have to do 75 minute classes". Everyone I talked with saw the positive and the negative side but chose to focus on the positives and enjoy being in school.

Reflecting on what I've learned, I can see that being in person has been great for the sample of students I have talked with. They are enjoying being in person compared to being online. They like seeing their friends and being able to get help from teachers. Human beings long for interaction with others, and we can see this in how everyone I talked to enjoyed being at school with other students.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment