Tuesday 12 March 2019

A Salient Day

Min Guk Kong

The week of March 3-7th was filled with horrendous yet important and historic events, including International Women’s Day, the SATs, and the release of Captain Marvel.

As Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday slowly traveled by, some people started filling a mixture of excitement and nervousness for the events ahead.   

“Celebrating International Women's day is so important because there are so many females who contribute to society in important ways. And I want Dalat guys and girls to grow up knowing that advocating for equality is the right thing to do,” said Aunt Val, a dorm parent of Jaffrey dorm; March 8th is a day of celebration for the accomplishments of women.

However, this important day is also a momentous day as Marvel stamps its first female-led movie, Captain Marvel. I ended up interviewing Jireh Ang (11) who gave me quite an intriguing observation about the movie, “I liked how the movie explained a lot for the upcoming Avenger’s end game. I thought that the movie had a lot of hidden jokes that I found very funny, and I thought that the cat was prettier than the actress.”

As Seneca once said, “Fire tests gold, suffering tests brave men.”

March 9th was that day of suffering for many, including my best friend Wansuk Kunarwaradisai (11), who states, “When I woke to get ready for the SAT, I was very hungry. I ate breakfast quickly, but maybe a little too quickly because my tummy started aching. When the SAT started, I felt extremely focused, and I think I must have done very well. After the test was over, it gave me the greatest, utmost, and craziest, yet awesome, relief that I have ever felt in my whole entire school year and even life.”

Many have fallen from this evil day, but it is done. Therefore, we should celebrate and cheer for those that have undergone the tortures of the SAT.


As the author of this Senior Scribble author, I am honored to write about International Women’s day for I find it to be a salient day in which all people should advocate for the equality of both men and women; for men and women are created to be one under God.

No comments:

Post a Comment