Friday 13 May 2016

Achieving Perfection- Taking the AP Exams

Jane Jung

 “Always do your best. What you plant now, you will harvest later.”- Og Mandino
From May 2nd to May 12th, high school students in Dalat were given the chance to show what they have been studying throughout the year. Students who took AP courses this school year took their AP exams during their school hours, either at 8:00 a.m. or at 12:45 p.m. The Advanced Placement courses in Dalat are provided to prepare the students for the Advanced Placement exams which are college-level examinations. The AP exams that Dalat students took were as follows: AP Chemistry, AP Psychology, AP Computer Science A, AP Physics 1: Algebra based, AP English Literature and Composition, AP Calculus A/B, AP Chinese Language and Culture, AP Untied States History, AP Music Theory, AP Biology, AP Physics C: Mechanics, AP English Language and Composition, AP World History, and AP Statistics.
“Every night I spent about two hours going through my practice exam booklet, and if I had any question for certain topics, I asked my teacher the next day,” stated Joyce Oh (12) who took AP Psychology on the very first day of the AP week.
Dalat high school students have been studying and preparing for their AP exams throughout the entire year, especially the week before their exams. Most of the AP exams were taken in Room 11 with Mr. Mahoney being the proctor.
“I had to take two AP exams- AP Calculus and AP Chinese Language and Culture on the same day, so it was definitely a tough day for me. I remember my eyes roasting, my hands fatiguing, and my legs shriveling. It was like my soul no longer existed in my body. I was awestruck by the substantial amount of notes I had to review and my will to study almost vanished. But after the exams, I felt free and content that I was able to show what I have been studying for throughout the year,” claimed Sheng Ting Yang (12).

Students who have already taken their AP exams are now enjoying their free block study halls and happy that they have less final exams to take. Several students still have to take their exams on Wednesday and Thursday for AP English Language and Composition, AP World History, and AP Statistics. 

No comments:

Post a Comment