Tuesday 15 December 2015

The Art of Chilling

Bijay Rana

It’s the end of the day. It’s the end of worries and stress. It’s time to chill. Right after homework, the tension drops out of your shoulders, and your mind clears of worries about homework and school, as you prepare to chill for the rest of your day.

People have their own way of chilling; it depends on that person’s particular taste. The ability to reduce the amount of stress in your life, and have a minimalistic and clear mind when it comes to stress, is difficult, but there are ways to reduce stress and just relax.  Here are what some students have to say about what they do to chill during and after school, and their secrets to chilling.

"After school I enjoy going home, taking a nice cold shower, and relaxing on my computer before I work on my homework. If I had a ‘secret,’ I guess it would be taking time to wind down before starting my homework really helps me stay focused and retain my sanity later in the day," said Evan Chinn(12).

"I try and relax during school by hanging out with friends during study hall and lunch. My secret to chilling? There's no secret really, it just comes easier for some than others. Tips: remember to find time to relax, especially during finals week. It's a stressful time and having too much built-up stress won't help you on exams," said added Robert Kilgo (12).

"I feel most relaxed when I am off-campus enjoying quality time with my friends. Coffee shops and cafes provide ideal hang-out spots. There are lots of neat places around the island if you take the time to discover them. During school the Student Center is the best place to chill because the couches are comfortable. Furthermore, the air conditioning is a welcome escape from the Penang heat, and Zach's Shack has PopTarts," added further Mary-Claire McIntyre (12)

Sarah Tan (12) also commented in relation to the chilling, as follows: "I hang with my peeps and drink some smoothies. Woohoo."

As you can see, some students have their own methods of relaxation. As this semester ends, senioritis approaches for mostly all of the seniors, as they develop their art of chilling to the max level as life after school approaches them. This opportunity to chill helps students really value life and find their passions. Whether you are watching Netflix, playing on your Xbox, hanging out with friends, or doing something that is totally your personal thing, there is always time to just sit back, enjoy life, and just chill. 

No comments:

Post a Comment