Tuesday 26 April 2022

Stressful Year

By Brandon Goh

As time flies, everyone gets more enthusiastic about summer break and finally having a rest for two months. Still, it is a different experience for seniors because we have to prepare for our transition from high school to university, which I found hard. Getting ready for university is challenging as many factors will eventually change our lives. It is the first time living alone, far from home, so it can be arduous to prepare ourselves for university.

Senior year is pretty stressful, especially with APs and college applications. Many seniors have break owns when balancing time on schoolwork and college-related activities. One advice I would give people is not to procrastinate, as you would not want to end and cram your time with a bunch of homework and activities left right before the semester ends. I have had bad experiences when it comes to working out my time management as I tend to do all of my work the day before it is due. For example, I had an English paper given to me five days before submission, and I did not take it seriously but chose to delay writing it; when it was a day before it was due, I started to write it, and I became frantic because I had to do a bunch of research for that particular essay. I finished at around 4 am, and my grade was not that decent, so I highly recommend to underclassmen not to procrastinate their work and finish it as early as possible so they do not have to worry about getting their assignments in late.

Nevertheless, I still look forward to university as I can pursue the degree and may potentially get a job that I am always fond of. I wanted to try living alone to take up the responsibility to live alone without the help of my parents, as to me, it is like a stepping stone to being an adult and being independent. We seniors will miss everyone we have encountered, and Dalat has given us some beautiful memories; while the future is unknown, we will take the challenge and hope everything goes well for every one of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment