Tuesday 25 September 2018

The Lord At Night

Xu An Lim

This year, on September 13th, was my first time going to the SEW evening sessions, and it was also my first time experiencing the LORD in the evening.

The LORD is always trying to call out to people to enter his heavenly circle. He does this in many different ways, like communicating directly to them or sending people as his messengers. I went to the night sessions as a result of the latter and got my first taste of God’s love during the evening sessions. It was at this moment that my life was changed forever.

Ever since I came to Dalat, I never went to the SEW or MEW night sessions because I never saw the purpose of going there, since I was a non-Christian. This went on for a number of years until SEW this year, when Tim Baek (12) asked me to come on the evening session on Wednesday; and since this was my last year here, I thought to my myself, “I might as well go.” When I arrived, I already had missed some of the worship songs, and I did not find a seat, so I stood there.

After the song was over, I took my seat and listened to Tim’s story, and I was able to relate since I had an older sibling. After his story, we sang some last songs of worship; I had the chance to hi to my classmates and people I usually don’t talk to. Afterward, I went home feeling satisfied, happy, and eager for the next evening session. As I was walking home, I was acting happy and smiling the entire way.

When I first came to Dalat, I never thought of going to the SEW or MEW evening sessions, but after going to this one, this has changed slightly and the fact that I went had some effects that I never realized.

Two weeks have passed since the end of SEW, and I soon learned that some people were happy to see me, as Tim Baek (12) said, “I felt happy because I came.”  This experienced has somewhat changed my perception of the Bible and being able to hear some of my classmates’ stories taught me valuable lessons that I will use in the future.

But will I go to MEW next semester?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your experience at SEW. I'm glad your classmates testimony had an impact on your life. God loves you and is using their testimonies to help you learn about His love. I hope you'll come to MEW! Aunt Jan

    ReplyDelete