Monday 1 May 2017

After JSB Dinner

Kasey Rogers

It was nice being a part of the After JSB dinner for the juniors, which was held on Friday, April 28th, in the chapel.

It was cool to see the seniors work hard to put on a show for the juniors after all their hard work for JSB. The seniors performed a spoof called “Handsome and the Hag,” which was a Bachelor-style game show. Aaron Chand (12) played the bachelor who was looking for his perfect girl. He had two options, being Gastine (Mersades Zimmer (12)) or Andy (Susan Oh (12)). Gastine was a beautiful but self-obsessed woman who spent all her time in a cafĂ©. Andy was a crazy cat lady who was always in an antique shop, surrounded by a bunch of cats; Oh did a fantastic job playing the crazy lady and, thus, was my favorite character. We also had a memorial for Elynn Tan (11) because she “was no longer with us,” which everyone laughed at; in reality, she was at a swim meet. Overall, it was a lot of fun to watch the scenes, which were roasting the juniors.

 At my old school in Canada, I hardly knew who the people were in the grade above me because there was such a great distance between the grades, and there was no overall feeling of community at the school. But here, at Dalat, there is such a great feeling of community, and the appreciation for the seniors is evident through all the events for them. When I was first told that I was coming back to Dalat for my senior year, I never knew how significant these events would be.  

I'm so thankful for the people and the friendships I have made here. And saying goodbye will be hard. My world has changed for the better since I came back to Dalat. I have created so many wonderful memories, memories not only from the events but also in spending time with people at school and while hanging out in the theater.

 It was a lot of fun to work on something special for the people I care about, my friends. The After JSB dinner wasn't just a thank you for JSB, but for me, it was also a thank you for the memories and friendships.

Hannah Buhr (12) summarized it all, “I really enjoyed seeing the juniors come together for JSB and seeing their work for the seniors, and then putting in work for the juniors for the after JSB dinner.”

No comments:

Post a Comment